Friday, January 22, 2010

Coffee, hopes, blood and vegetables?


Twelve days of my life have gone by again. Yes, I am making coffee and it smells delightful. I've had my shower....and I've closed the bedroom doors so Jeremy can have peace from my typing as he continues to sleep. What an angel! He hasn't found a job yet, but our hopes are...well, hopeful. I'm truly thinking God will give him a new job...or his old job back...sometime in March. I would love earlier of course! A ladybug got trapped in my car on the way home from work yesterday, so I thought that was a fairly good sign.

My grandpa is doing MUCH better, he's out of the hospital and his bacterial infection of the blood is subsiding. His hugely swollen arm has gone down, and I really need to give him a call to say hello.

January 10th, I began a fruit and vegetable fast sort of lead by my friend Ayla. She's a wonderfully God led woman and I would like to follow her examples of having no health-impeding worries and letting go of all for God to deal with. I've prayed a few times and it's felt good, but I'm still trying to find a true connection with God again...similar to the one I had growing up in Christian school, but better. One thing I am finding is a good connection with fruits, vegetables, and the good earth. I've made things I never thought about making...like spaghetti squash, eggplant, and home-made tomato sauce - with Jeremy's help of course. I've cheated a couple of times - having hard boiled eggs and a little bit of milk...but I didn't feel too bad because it really wasn't that drastic. I have lost 6 lbs today though! And I have ten days left. I am so happy! If I continue to eat this well, and then start my walking....I could actually be my ideal weight before my wedding, how exciting!!!





Baked tomatoes with basil leaves.

Homemade tomato sauce, with spaghetti squash in the background.

Baked asparagus with whole mushrooms.




Wedding updates:

Jeremy and i got a new printer so we printed out some of the pieces to our wedding invitations. I made the reply cards, the reply card envelopes, and the reception card! I did the math and it's almost 400$ cheaper to make your own than order some simple ones made for you that are about just as nice! I am such a good money saver...for the most part!



Jeremy designed some WONDERFUL place cards for the head table at the reception :) They are really going to make the bridal party feel special!


We also went to the Church a couple of days ago and took a LOT of pictures to get ideas for how to decorate it. This wedding is really coming along and it's wonderful!


On the 16th, I took Becky and Ayla to Gainesville to meet with Jenny and try on bridesmaid dresses. We also ate lunch at Olive Garden. Wow, was it hard. If I didn't have Ayla with me...I would have had some crazy fatty pasta. We all had salads and vegetables....except Becky. She had the steak gorgonzola...what a biatch. lol!! So now i am torn between two AMAZING bridesmaid dresses. The first one is the original one that I had wanted. It's this one...
.....but in the melrose print shown in this picture....

And now, we happened to find another dress that all the girls I could tell LOVED and loved wearing...they all looked incredibly elegant and goddess like....



Sorry, I didn't have your face on that one jenny...haha. I was trying to get a close up of the goods! So this dress is AMAZING. One thing about my bridesmaids is they are all super gorgeous and nice and slim and just beautiful princesses! Sounds shallow and mean, but I'm glad I don't have fatties in my wedding. I'm the chunkiest one right now unfortunately, but that will change. I will be equal to them with the help of those damn veggies. haha. I really don't think the first one got a fair chance....i will be looking for a shop that has both those EXACT right dresses so they can try them on side by side. Stay tuned to what dress I choose :)

No comments:

Post a Comment