Saturday, October 9, 2010

Space, rest, and peace :)

So this past friday night was a little great, and a little rough at the same time. Weird, huh? It happens.


My best friend, is a great girl, LOTS of fun and you can trust her with your life. But we are so different now.... sometimes I wonder how we have stayed friends for so long. In the mall, you can find her looking for clothes and make-up....me? I would be looking for home decor and practical things like pretty shower curtains. That's just how we are and it is 100% ok. Everyone is different and everybody likes different things. (You can ask Jer, I tell him that constantly when he questions someone's ways or interests.)

A couple of nights ago, my best friend told me she would be in town this weekend and asked if she could come over Friday night. Well, she said she'd probably be over between 9pm and 10pm on Friday. I assumed immediately this meant 10 or later and automatically forgot about the between 9 part. (which was wrong of me to do of course...never assume anything, even based on patterns or past incidences.) But that's just how it's always been...she's always been over at least an hour later than she told me she'd be. There is never an exact time with her. I was actually thinking more like 10:30 or 11 to be quite honest. I usually don't know where she's coming from either, so I had no idea if she was going to stop by her dad's for dinner first when she got to town (which is something i'm pretty sure she had mentioned on the phone to me)- this is something that could run later than expected very easily. In the mean time, Jer's brother and sister-in-law asked if we all wanted to go out for food and beer so we said yes...whynot? I mean, in my mind, my friend wouldn't be to my apartment til after 10 and they didn't want to go out until 7:30. I had plenty of time! As we were leaving to go see them, she texted me and said she was leaving to come over. That gave me about an hour and a half to enjoy myself out with friends and fiance if she came STRAIGHT to my place without stopping at her dad's...but I knew it would be like two hours at the restaurant because it was Friday night and it takes longer to get food in restaurants then. I went ahead and texted her to meet at the restaurant and finish up hanging out with everyone for the night and then we would just go back to my place and chill for the night before she went back to her dad's for bed. Well, for whatever reason she got very offended that I invited her out with two couples. (me and jer + his brother and wife) This is understandable since I don't like going out with her and a bunch of single people who are all just flirting with each other...because it's two totally different worlds...but this other couple is about to be my family. And for the record, none of us go out and make out or display inappropriate affections in front of others. That's just plain rude. We just don't do that because we are grown-ups and mature. We are friends who chat and laugh and drink beer. What's so bad about that? I really did NOT want to waste my Friday sitting around the apartment waiting for someone who is basically always late, which anyone should understand. I went shopping with my sister all day, then greeted my fiance at home and then we got ready to go out and then we were just gonna come home so I could hang with my friend. I just don't see what the big deal was. I am guessing maybe she had a long day at school/work/driving and she didn't really want to go out, which is fine....but why couldn't she just tell me that? Anytime she has invited me somewhere and I can't do it, I just flat out say, "I'm too tired...or I'm sorry, but I have to get up early tomorrow...." and let it be that. I'm getting older and trying my best to take care of myself by not stressing (a MAJOR american killer), and really trying to get my full 8 hours every night....it's almost a reward to myself, for having a productive day. My life has completely changed since I've made my sleep schedule very strict 12-8. Sometimes 12:30-8:30. It's the most amazing thing I have ever done for myself and I'm not changing it. Sleep deep and long so that the next day can be just as wonderful. I never over schedule things and I never try to cram too much in one day.(Though I so over add to my "to-do" lists.) I like space, rest, and peace. Getting a Friday night off is not too often in my job...so sue me if I want to go out and not sit at home, like I usually do 5 nights a week after a long work day. I guess she was just in a really really bad mood. It REALLY hurt my feelings though. But that's just life. You try to enjoy it, and people get mad at you because different things make different people mad. Hopefully, she'll call soon. Maybe I shouldn't have gone out with the fam, but I really didn't want to be stuck in the waiting mode like I have been so many times with her and gotten disappointed in the end. A lot of times, when she hangs out with me she cuts it short to go meet with someone else anyways, which deep down always makes me feel like i'm not fun enough or something silly like that. What's so great about meeting up with as many people as you can in a day? Have a few deep meaningful relationships, not many quick ones. But who am I to say what's better. I just know what's better for ME - a few best friends, a close family, and a happy happy home....with a meaningful, fulfilling career to pull in the dough. You know, the american dream :)

Though I was bummed about what happened with my friend, Jer and I still had a great time with the family. We drank beers. (shock top and sam adams Oktoberfest)...I chatted it up with Amy about wedding plans and how much I LOVE THE 80s...and how she wants me to be three months pregnant while she's 8 months pregnant...which i WILL NOT allow to happen. LOL. How about i just stay un-pregnant for as long as possible??!!! Though it would be wonderful for little cousins to grow up together, Jer and I just aren't ready for anything like that. I never had cousins really close to me...they all lived STATES away and who knows what they are doing these days, but I do have four siblings which is great enough for me!!! The boys played iphone scrabble from across the table...silly willies! Jer and I stayed out a little later since my friend didn't want to come over anymore, and we came home and slept until almost ten on Saturday morning!

WEDDING UPDATE: Jer is SERIOUSLY trying to talk me into the guys wearing khaki colored suits!! What is this, a beach wedding????? HELL NO...THAT'S WHY I'M GETTIN' OUTTA FL. I love the mountains! Jeremy photoshopped the way he wants our wedding to look...he got pictures off of the internet and combined them. And much to my surprise...I do like it....it matches my ivory colored dress......



I think it's hilarious how the bridal party members are duplicates, but it's a great indication of what things will look like. the bridesmaid dress is the exact one the girls will be wearing. He even put in flowers and the colors and kind of flowers he wants. If my groom wants this so bad (which grooms really don't care usually) I should feel special and let him have "his" wedding, LOL!! And I will...I LOVE it and I love that he is picking things out instead of just me :)

We went to William's subs for lunch (MMMMM - family owned and operated for over 50 years...) and it was DEE-LISH. They have the BEST hot pepper relish!! It's the first place Jeremy and I ate from together when we first started dating :) The lady who runs the joint has known the gables for YEARS. She always recognizes Jer and remembers his "ham and cheese." YUM!

We also went to a pumpkin patch to get a pumpkin....but it wasn't there, even though the sign said it would be. We are just thinking the pumpkin truck hadn't arrived yet. Maybe our next day off together :) I would like the air to be cool when we go, but it has warmed up again. Blaaahhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment