Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Did I ever tell you I love cool air?

Okay, so I realize it has been 5 months since i've been around on here, so I am going to do a reasonably quick, yet informative catch-up. SO MUCH HAS HAPPENED!!! Life has happened....





Work: First of all, I got promoted to Customer Service Team Leader on June 26th, 2010. (The above pic is me venturing to my new store...) Each Publix has one Team Leader to run front end operations at their store - you know, taking care of all cashiers and service clerks, and staff....and most importantly being there for customers to see and talk to. I seriously, almost cried because I have been trying to obtain this position for about two and a half years. It's so strange because it just happened out of the blue....the day before I really knew, there were a few inklings because of strange happenings at work, but I wasn't sure if I was just antsy or if it was real. It really is a competition sometimes....One guy (who was also trying to get the spot) was so upset that I got the open position...he SERIOUSLY went home sick. SERIOUSLY? How immature. He was the only one who didn't say congrats to me on my last day at that store. Some team leader he'll [never] make....
My store pitched in and bought me some gift cards as "good-bye" gifts....kohl's, bahama breeze, and banana republic....AND a scratch off that won 5$ so I bought ANOTHER scratch off that won $50! Gosh I love gambling! (ask ayla and jeremy to try and pull me from a slot machine, LOL)
My new store is much smaller than the ones I am used to. It's great though...I love my newfound responsibility...I feel important and more needed than ever before. I love talking to and coaching the workers slightly under me and I love my new relationship with management (my next goal). Customers see me as more helpful and friendly than ever before. (Or, I just get to hear worse bitching since I am the girl in the ironed blouse and slacks :) )


It's tradition...you get a giant Publix cake when you are promoted :)

Friends: Holy shit....Becky went to law school (I am disgustingly proud of her), Ayla is having a baby, AND I added Amy to my crew of beautiful bridesmaids! SHEESH!!! SO MUCH! Ayla's baby shower is coming up in two weeks and Stephen Fox is due in December!!! (maybe late november...my birthday would be fantastic! - come on Ayla, push!) When I asked Amy to be a bridesmaid, I actually cried a bit...wow, I am CHEESY!! I just felt God wanted me to do it and I felt right doing it. So what if I have more bridesmaids than Jeremy has groomsmen...this wedding is not too typical. Life is not too typical....lol....

Wedding: Lori had to cancel on the photography because she found out she's preggie and her baby is due two weeks before the wedding!. :( :) Happy and Sad. Anyways, she's helping us find a new photographer so hopefully that will be in place soon. Jer is JUST about done with the wedding invites...they will be going out VERY soon!!! The bridesmaid dresses will be CHOCOLATE brown....amazingness!! The girls will be holding white bouquets....and did I tell you?? I bought my wedding dress!!!!!!! OMG, I never knew I would love a dress so much. I went to David's Bridal with my two sisters....I fell in love with three different dresses, slept on it, and the next day I JUST KNEW which one best suited me and my wedding style. I called immediatley and spontaneously left a deposit. (While shedding a few jouyous tears as the associate put me on hold for a moment). I would post a picture for you, but I'd rather not risk my fiance reading this....as if he ever would....lol! It's ivory and misty....perfect for a mountain wedding!




This is Ayla trying on the bridesmaid dress one more time before she moved. It will be brown, though. You would never know she's pregnant in this picture!


Cats: Well, Moose and Bunny are doing the same as usual. Sleeping eating, and enjoying time on the balcony. Early in the mornings they get a little rambunctious, but then it's back to laying around and sleeping...or licking themselves?





Family: Katrina is turning into a beautiful woman and Matt is trying to beat the bottle. Everyone else is doing well also. Grandma and Grandpa are in Kentucky visiting family members that are very well. My grandpa's sister, Susan...and my grandma's sister-in-law, Betty. I hope they all turn out well! (I think I will call my grandma after this blog post!)

Fishling: If my fish makes it until my birthday, that means I have kept him alive for an entire year! I spent a good twenty dollars on him yesterday getting new filters and a gravel cleaning pump...oh and a new thermometer. I hope he is happy with me once I refresh his aquarium.

Not too much else is going on...Becky is coming into town this weekend so hopefully I will see her Fri or Sat. Her little sister is turning 12....I can't believe it because I literally remember when her step-mom was pregnant with her back in middle earth days!!! (Of course i mean school...this isn't lord of the rings.) Aren't I a dork? lol!

Oh! There are 17 day's until our "girl's weekend!" that Amy, Jenny, Dela, and I are doing. It's going to be very exciting...well, for our men :) Can't get into it at this time...

I really hope to get back into blogging again and stay! It's very relieving and nice to sort of keep a record of life's random pieces.

Right now I am drinking coffee and I have the living room sliding glass door open so I can see the trees in the breeze. Just this week, cool air has begun to drift into the area and i absolutely LOVE COOL AIR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment