Monday, October 18, 2010

Weekend Recap.... and....."Bizarre love triangle" kick

Ayla came to town Fri- Sun!




It was sooooo good to see her! Its sad for me sometimes that my two best friends live in Orlando and Jacksonville.
Anyways, Ayla was VERY pregnant. (Well, to me she was - she will be more so very soon!) Friday her, me, and Jer just hung out and watched TV because it was late anyways. We went to bed around midnight and the next morning we got up and hung out for a few hours and started getting ready for her baby shower at her dad's house. It was a lot of fun and very relaxing. Her dad grilled burgers and we ate A LOT of food. Chips, Dips, Fruit, Candy, Veggies, and these DELICIOUS cheesecake bites ordered from her dad's previous wife. (Mini cheesecakes by Connie) - let me know if you are interested. They were just soooo cute and pleasantly surprising to taste!

Ayla got LOTS of baby clothes at her shower. I personally got her some cute washcloths with whales on them, receiving blankets, baby socks, baby mittens, bottles, breastmilk storage, and breastmilk bags. Some things her dad was very squeamish about. LOL. Of course, what dad wants to know what's comin' outta their daughter's boobies? It was funny!




We then went to visit her grandparents because her grandma had hurt her back and couldn't make it to the baby shower. There, she opened lots more baby clothes! Very cute ones at that. Her grandpa is very loud and funny. He did put the pressure on though when he asked me to become a mathematician and answer the question, "If I have some candy in my bowl, and you have some candy in your bowl....and then you give me one of your candies which makes my bowl have twice as many as your bowl, and then I give you two of mine which makes our bowls have equal candies...how candies did we each start with?" HAHAHA, You tell me if you know the answer!!!! I will post it at a later date...and there is only one possible answer in the universe.

That night, we made a LATE meal at my apartment - like 11pm dinner. hahaha! So healthy! Ayla showed me how to make homemade alfredo sauce....



YUM!!! We also watched "HOT TUB TIME MACHINE," which isn't exactly a recommendation, but it was lightly entertaining if you like to hear the F-word in every sentence. One plus about the movie was that the men went back specifically to 1986. Because of this, there was LOTS of great 80s songs....and do I LOOOOVE 80s music!!! One of my FAVORITE SONGS EVER was in it....."Bizarre love triangle" by New Order. You should definitely YOU TUBE this song if you don't know it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzVhFhibevg

It makes me dance dance dance....Though I was only one year old in 1986...I saw that someone wrote on the internet about the song,

"PEOPLE WOULD LITERALLY TRAMPLE EACH OTHER TO GET TO THE DANCE FLOOR WHEN THIS SONG CAME ON"

Boy, would I have loved to have been there.


Lyrics for fun....

"Bizarre Love Triangle"

Every time I think of you
I feel shot right through with a bolt of blue
It's no problem of mine
But it's a problem I find
Living a life that I can't leave behind
But there's no sense in telling me
The wisdom of the fool won't set you free
But that's the way that it goes
And it's what nobody knows
well every day my confusion grows

Every time I see you falling
I get down on my knees and pray
I'm waiting for that final moment
You say the words that I can't say

I feel fine and I feel good
I'm feeling like I never should
Whenever I get this way
I just don't know what to say
Why can't we be ourselves like we were yesterday
I'm not sure what this could mean
I don't think you're what you seem
I do admit to myself
That if I hurt someone else
Then I'll never see just what we're meant to be

Every time I see you falling
I get down on my knees and pray
I'm waiting for that final moment
You say the words that I can't say



Basically, that was my weekend and my current song craze in a nutshell :)

No comments:

Post a Comment